Home » About us
Free Zones Administration
The Free Zones Administration is established as administrative in 2008 as administrative entity within the ministry in charge of financial affairs, in order to carry out state administration activities in the field of free zones.
It operates on behalf of the state interest basing its activities on following:
- Zone development
- Zone promotion
- Control and supervision of zones
- Implements national policy for the development of free zones in order to increase the inflow of direct investments and employment;
- Consider the applications for approval of the designation of the area of the zone and submit its opinion to the ministry in charge of finance;
- Provides professional assistance to investors during the decision making process concerning investments;
- Arranges immediate contacts between interested investors and companies for free zone management;
- Cooperates with foreign institutions and zone experts;
- Participates in the preparation of regulations in the field of zone operations.
- Cooperates with the Serbian Chamber of Commerce, the Agency for Foreign Investments and Export Promotion (SIEPA) and other organizations with regard to the promotion of investments and operations in the zone;
- Provides necessary information to investors through database on zone and business;
- Creates free zones business database.
Control and supervision of the zones
- Reviews reports on zone operations and proposes their adoption to the Ministry of Finance and Economy;
- Proposes to the minister in charge of financial affairs form and content of the application concerning granting approval for establishing zone area.
Free zones are...
Fenced and marked part of the Republic of Serbia's territory where activities are carried out with many business benefits. Preferential customs treatment, tax relief and simlified administrative procedure make free zones investment attractive. free zones represent highly developed centers of technology, telecomunications, modern infrastructure and industry and logistic support.